Thank you for stopping at our Blog. Started several years ago, it is a quick way to catch up on the exciting things that have been going on with our family.
Thursday, October 20, 2005
Greetings from Springfield
Greetings from Springfield, MA. Well I wouldn’t recommend coming here for a vacation. I’m here to present at a conference. While the hotel is nice and it overlooks the Charles River, this is one heck of a depressed area. There are shops and shops that are empty, and the shops that are open, well if you like Duncan Donuts or Beauty Supplies, you are set. I’m supposed to get presents for the kids, but it is pretty slim pickings. I am also very surprised at the really blah style the people here have with regard to hair and clothes. This is astounding, because I am really not a fashion hound and cannot claim to have any “style” of my own, but wow, the people here have the maw-maw style down pat. Huge glasses, Maw maw jeans and everything. Astounding.