Well I miss my mom. There are so many times I have wanted to pick up the phone to tell her something. It is very hard to lose your mom. I loved the service--it was comforting and soothing and the funeral home was beautiful plus it had the same view that my mama had for the last 7 years of her life. Sue had some of the cremains put into a silver, tear-drop "vault" necklace and I got it this week. It gives me such comfort to wear it as it sits next to my heart. I will say I am a fan of cremation, however and for the record, cremate me.
Connor and I got back to Geneseo on Monday evening. It was a warm night and we found that Trevor had joined a soccer team, had spent the night at a different friend's house each night and had "managed" the movers. He did a wonderful job, and although he made friends with the movers and maybe let them slack a bit too much, we are slowly getting all the things where they need to go, save for Connor's trundle part of his bed. I can't work out how to get that up the stairs, even IF Trevor is strong.
Here are photos of the rooms that I have all ready, and of the outside of the house. We have mowed once and tomorrow will need to do it again. Geneseo is BEAUTIFUL. The weather is wonderful and it gets cool every night. We don't have air conditioning, but we don't NEED it. This week was the air-show and the town festival. We met many of our very nice neighbors and are settling in well.