Saturday, September 27, 2008

TENNIS, anyone?

Nathan found a wonderful group here in Geneseo. There are several families in this town where the anscesters still live on "estates". One man, whose alter-ego is named "Biff" actually built a clay court on his property and runs the Geneseo Volley Tennis club, of which the Spencers are now members. This is such a fun group. I played mixed-doubles last Saturday and had a blast. See my partner? He was a riot! Syd. He rode up on his bike, hopped off and kept us all laughing for the better part of an hour. Patricia and Shelley...guess what? Syd has read the STARBRIDGE series! The only person in the WORLD I have ever found who has read them without coersion from myself. Hmmmm. Geneseo is quite a place. Turns out Syd is one of the "estate" folks, and he is a democrat (I think his grandfater or someone was Senator Symington). No wonder we played well together!
Posted by Picasa