
It is a beautiful day in Rapid City after a night of big thunder-boomers! Lots of thunder, lightnening and rain in the middle of the night. A four mile run this am was very refreshing.
Mom is failing. I am unable to get much food into her and the best she ate this week was when Neil, Dale, Nathan and kids took her to Red Lobster on Monday. Hospice services will consult with us on Saturday and help us to decide when she is no longer able to stay in the apartment. Right now as long as someone is here most of the time, I am comfortable with her being here. I worry about next week, however when I need to leave to prepare to go to Geneseo. For example last night she was standing by the sink and just collapsed. She is quite weak. Today she elected not to go get her hair done. This was kind of a milestone as she is ALWAYS up for that hair appointment and Sherry, her stylist has literally done her hair for over 30 years and is like family. It was quite hard to tell Sherry mom would not be in. We will hope she feels better and wants to reschedule. Mom's mood is still fairly good. For instance Stephanie and I noted this ridiculous headline in the Rapid City Journal yesterday:
DROUGHT NOT OVER YET, EXPERTS SAY --Western South Dakota could return to overlly dry conditions if the rain stops.
Grandma read that and asked, "Is this a joke or is it some kind of mistake?" We have decided to send this headline into Jay Leno. We decided to send this little note that says, "Not to be outdone by the flooding in eastern Iowa, the Rapid City Journal hired Captain Obvious to write their weather-related headlines" So Susie sent it in this am. We will let you know if it gets on the air!