Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mary Virginia Finnegan Haffner Staikoff

Born September 8, 1924
Died June 28, 2008

Mom passed this afternoon. She did not get out of bed this am. Sue had asked Mark to come up to see mom as soon as possible. Sue had been with mom since Tuesday and needed a break. Sue went home to take a break about 10 am. I was informed via phone that Mom passed away peacefully sometime around 3:15 pm Mountain Standard Time. Ironic in that Trevor had called Mark just about an hour earlier and wanted him to put the phone up to mom's ear so he could tell her he loved her. Mark said she was asleep. About the time of her death Connor and I had had crossed the New York State line and were just a few miles outside of the Buffalo City limits at the time she passed. Connor told me he thinks mom stayed with us until we got "home". I like that thought.

We will post when services are. Bless you all.
Love,
Linda